Follow on: Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram
Share to: Share on Tumblr

Latest post

Latest post

Thursday 30 May 2013

DIY - clear skin, anti-breakouts face mask

This mask helped me soooo much. I've been using it daily for almost 2 weeks now, and my face skin has cleared so much!! I have a lot of stress related breakouts on my face. And this fact alone stresses me more and makes me upset (vicious circle here I know). I used a lot of cleansers, scrubs and moisturisers, but nothing really worked for me. I then thought to try out natural products that are known to clear breakouts. I tried a mask with cucumber and I did not think it was suited for my skin.
The one that I tried and worked nicely contains:

- 1/3 banana, grated
- 1 teaspoon of grounded cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 5 drops of squeezed lemon juice


Warning!

Firstly, this mask really stings your face! So, you might want to do a test first on a small section of your face or neck. It stings for a few minutes, and then the face gets used to it and everything is fine. I've been reading that this can be caused by the lemon juice and/or the cinnamon. So, don't overly use any of the ingredients. 5 drops of lemon juice is enough!!
Secondly, your face will of course be red when you take it off. Don't worry, it will calm in a few minutes ;) the toner will help with that.

Benefits


  • bananas - anti-bacterial (good for treating acne, blemishes), moisturising, contains vitamins C, B and traces of vitamins E, K, A, prevents wrinkles (contains antioxidants), nourishes the skin.
  • grounded cinnamon - antiseptic (helps dry out acne), antibacterial, natural exfoliator, plumps up the skin .
  • lemon juice - lightens, dries acne, add tenderness to skin, cleans the skin and blackheads, vitamin C, anti-dullness.
  • honey - glowing skin, hydrating, antibacterial, smoothing skin, antiseptic, antioxidant, prevents wrinkles.


Easy peasy steps:

1. Mix all the ingredients together and stir well until the mixture looks like a paste (see image above)
2. Apply evenly to face and neck, avoiding the eye are
3. Allow to settle on the face for 20-25 minutes
4. Remove the mask using a make-up sponge, and then wash the face with cool water. Pat dry the face gently with a towel, don't rub it!
5. This is optional, but at this step I use my beloved konjac sponge, about which I talked previously http://whatscraftdoc.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/konjac-sponge_20.html
6. Allow the face to cool off for a few minutes, then follow with a toner.
7. Moisturise.

Be patient!

This mask did wonders for my skin from the beginning, and I will continue to use it daily, but I would like to say that every skin and skin condition is different, so my advice is to stick with a routine and wait patiently (1 month, maybe more) for the results. :)
Would like to hear if anyone else used this mask, and also if anyone is addicted to it just like me ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pen and paper - write your thoughts :)